Saturday, January 29, 2011

Training - End of Week 1

I survived the first week!!!!

The past five days have been really busy, though...  Getting up at 5 am every morning is a big change for someone who has always been a night person!  But, I am doing it, because that's what it takes to follow my dream!

This week we learned Basic Indoctrination, which is the phases of flight, and many other things that a Flight Attendant needs to know in order to perform the duties required.  We also got fitted for our uniforms and learned our initial base assignments...  I am going to ORD...that's Chicago O'Hare for those of you who are not familiar with airport codes.  I love Chicago, but for right now, I really want to be based at DFW, so I am putting in a transfer request.  Please keep your fingers crossed that it will go through quickly, so I can get back to Fort Worth!

Today, we had our first test and I suffered a severe case of Test Anxiety this morning before we took our exams.  I made a 96 (you are required to make 90% to pass).  I am glad that I passed the test, but the two questions that I missed were stupid mistakes, especially since I KNEW the answers.  I decided that I need to slow down, and take my time and think before answering...also, I need to go with the first answer that pops in my head when I read the question.  (If I had done that this morning, then I would have made a 100.)

After the test, we had a computer class to learn some of the basic things we will need to know, such as signing in for trips and finding out flight information.  We also started learning the emergency equipment on the aircraft, and did our fire fighting training before we finished for the day.

Graduation is February 16...and it will be here before I know it!  It seems like it is so far away, but with all we have to learn and study, it will be hee before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment