Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week 2 - Day 3

I aced my Comp Check today!!  Now I am qualified to perform CPR and to use the AED on the airplane in the event of a Medical Emergency.  With any luck, I won't ever have to call on my training, however, if something happens, my training will kick in and I will be able to do my job.

Today we learned about what to do in the event that we have to evacuate the airplane.  Most people don't realize it, but a well trained flight crew can evacuate an airplane in 90 seconds or less.  Most people remember what happened when the airplane had to make the emergency landing in the Hudson River.  The combined efforts of the flight crew and their training saved lives and kept injuries to a minimum.  We train for the worst and pray that we never have to call on the skills we learn.

Tomorrow we get to do the swimming pool drill.  It's gonna be cold in there because of the back to back days of below freezing temperatures.  Brrrr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment